COVID-19 Privacy Resources
Latest Privacy Guidance and Helpful Information for Companies Focused on Reopening
In light of the uncertainty, we’ve provided you with COVID-19 data privacy resources and solutions to give you the latest guidance and other helpful information.
Key Questions Companies Should Consider when Reopening during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Can I require employees to return to the office?
Can I require temperature screenings of all who enter our facilities?
Can I require employees to use a contract tracing or exposure notification app?
Can I require employees to report exposure?
Can I require employees to report that they have been diagnosed?
Can I require reporting that a member of the household has been diagnosed?
What information can I share regarding an infected member of the workforce?
How should I evaluate and control ongoing remote work data leakage risks?
COVID-19: Complying with Local Contact Tracing RequirementsNEW
Most jurisdictions have some element of a requirement to contact trace guests, visitors and/or customers of an establishment. This is most notable in the restaurant and hospitality sector, but can also extend to businesses required to track the presence of non-employees.
COVID-19: Privacy Risks & ConsiderationseBOOK
As the conversation shifts from how to create a remote workforce to how to reopen the physical office, this eBook provides privacy risk guidance for businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 Comparison provides summarized analysis from 100 regulators on the following topics:
- Whether certain legal exceptions apply, such as for public health, healthcare, public interests, or vital interests
- What can be collected from employees and visitors
- Requirements related to disclosure of confirmed cases
- Processing of location data
Regulators’ Guidance on Return to Work After COVID-19 for the United States, Canada, and European Union & United Kingdom.
- United States (PDF)
- European Union & United Kingdom (PDF)
- Canada (PDF)
14 DAY FREE TRIAL
Looking for more research?
TrustArc has made its 200+ COVID-19 research references available for companies to learn more and decide on the best course of action.
Sign up now for a free trial today!
- Providing guidance for employers navigating privacy and security issues; and
- Discussing the privacy implications of new mobile technologies tracking individuals to prevent the virus’ spread.
- Listen to a two-part episode of TrustArc’s Serious Privacy podcast on COVID-19 in your favourite podcast app or on our website
- Rewatch our COVID-19 webinar to learn how employers can ensure good data protection and governance practices in these special times.